Sunday 26 February 2012

Where life begins


"No-one has the right to define for another what is sacred."

Karen Toole-Mitchell




Gautama Siddhartha, the historical Buddha, realized that life entails suffering because of our desire and attachment to things and feelings.  When he became enlightened he also realized that suffering will cease once you let go of desire and attachment through eight different ways.

Leonard Cohen, a practicing Buddhist, sings Show Me The Place with images and metaphors from various religious traditions. 

I hear “show me the place where suffering began” as “show me the place where life began” or "show me the place where your journey toward enlightenment began."  The word “slave” could be heard as servant or beloved – the one who surrendered one’s ego to the Sacred.

May I suggest you listen to Cohen’s wisdom and longing as you view the following images?


Peace,





























































No comments:

Post a Comment